This position is part time; approximately 20 hours per week. Working hours are flexible; however, need to be consistent week to week and will be discussed at the time of the phone screen and/or in person interview. Great opportunity for college students seeking to gain experience in the field while working on their degree!
- Restocking of lab supplies and reagents
- Maintain and clean laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, laminar flow hoods, incubators, micropipettors, etc.
- Perform autoclaving
- Empty trash and recycle bins
- Appropriately handle confidential and highly sensitive material
- Maintain a safe, neat, clean, and well organized laboratory work environment to support scientists
- Responsible for performing, recording, and reporting data in a GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) compliant fashion.
- Miscellaneous duties as required to support laboratory and business operation
Specific Capabilities May Include But are Not Limited To:
A working knowledge of the proper/safe handling of chemicals and hazardous materials
- Demonstrated competence in basic mathematical skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal guidance
- Demonstrated competence in the use of PC-based word processor and spreadsheet software
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working independently and in a team oriented environment
- Attention to detail
- Must be capable of moving heavy objects (approximately 50lbs)
- Must have reliable transportation
AA or AS degree in biological sciences or equivalent. 1 year of work experience performing similar duties in a scientific laboratory and/or vocational training in laboratory sciences can be used in lieu of education requirement. Please submit your resume and a cover letter. No phone inquiries. In addition, please provide answers to the following questions:
- Do you have any current lab experience and if so briefly explain your duties.
- Will you be comfortable handling hazardous materials (training provided)?
Note: Applicants that do not provide a cover letter, resume, and the questions listed above will not be considered.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
Required education: Associate