IIVS is seeking to fill a Laboratory Technician position in their Gaithersburg, MD location. This position is full time; approximately 30-40 hours per week. It is likely that the employee will be asked to maintain a schedule that allows either early work or late work on a regular basis following a training period.
Job Duties May Include But are Not Limited To:
- Restocking of lab supplies and reagents.
- Maintain and clean laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, laminar flow hoods, incubators, micropipettors, etc.
- Perform autoclaving.
- Empty trash and recycle bins.
- Maintain a safe, neat, clean, and well organized laboratory work environment to support scientists.
- Responsible for performing, recording, and reporting data in a GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) compliant fashion.
- Receipt, storage, and disposal of test articles.
- Preparation of sterile reagents.
- Daily equipment checks.
- Pipette calibration checks and adjustments.
- Use of scales for measuring reagents and test articles.
- Preparing work spaces for assay performance.
- Miscellaneous duties as required to support laboratory and business operation.
- A working knowledge of the proper/safe handling of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Demonstrated competence in basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal guidance.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of PC-based word processor and spreadsheet software.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team oriented environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be capable of moving heavy objects (approximately 50 lbs.)
- Must have reliable transportation.
AA or AS degree in biological sciences or equivalent. 1 year of work experience performing similar duties in a scientific laboratory and/or vocational training in laboratory sciences can be used in lieu of education requirement.
IIVS offers competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including full medical and dental insurance, FSA, paid holidays, paid personal leave, and more.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and any qualifications or experience you have which you feel would make you a good fit for this position. Please send your CV and a cover letter via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please.
IIVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), ancestry or national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or handicap, or veteran status.