We are seeking a full time Accounting Assistant (30-40 hours per week) to work in our Gaithersburg office. This is an exciting opportunity to join and grow with our team to contribute and share in our company vision: A day when methods based on humane, wisely applied science will be used by industry and the regulatory agencies to understand the true safety and efficacy of substances.
The Accounting Assistant provides support to the Controller by performing data entry, processing and recording transactions, assisting with the annual audit and other administrative task as directed.
Specific Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Review client project admin folders for completeness and act as a liaison with Client Services to resolve discrepancies.
- Record client invoices in QuickBooks and submit to client for payment processing.
- Act as a liaison with client to ensure proper invoice submission and processing.
- Receive client payments, compile payment documentation and file in client project admin folder.
- Maintain client data in QuickBooks and Excel Client Information worksheet to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Review IIVS POs and vendor packing slips for completeness and match up with vendor invoices.
- Obtain approval for vendor invoices without authorized POs.
- Enter vendor invoices in QuickBooks ensuring proper account and class code entry.
- File vendor invoices with supporting paperwork in Accounts Payable file drawer.
- File paid vendor invoices in vendor files.
- Act as a liaison with vendor to resolve invoice discrepancies.
Employee Expense Reports:
- Review employee expense reports to ensure receipts are submitted, properly coded and approved by supervisor.
- Act as a liaison with employee to resolve expense report discrepancies.
- Enter employee expense report in QuickBooks ensuring proper account and class code entry.
- File employee expense report with supporting paperwork in Accounts Payable file drawer.
- File paid employee expense reports in employee expense report files.
- Review request for petty cash forms to ensure receipts are submitted, properly coded and approved by supervisor.
- Dispense petty cash to employees.
- Reconcile petty cash each quarter and submit petty cash reconciliation sheet to Controller.
- Notify Controller when petty cash needs replenishment.
Credit Card Transactions:
- Reconcile employee credit card receipts with monthly credit card statement.
- Act as a liaison with employee to resolve missing receipts and other discrepancies.
- Enter credit card transactions in QuickBooks ensuring proper account and class code entry.
- Compile credit card statements with receipts for Controller.
- Re-class credit card transactions as directed.
- Maintain state registration filing system and tracking sheet to ensure timely submission of applications for license renewal.
- Obtain and submit paperwork as required by each state jurisdiction.
- Act as a liaison with state agencies to resolve registration discrepancies.
- Retrieve and review for completeness client project admin folders and other documentation as requested by Auditor.
- Maintain Schedule of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Support Controller with other duties as requested.
Required Experience / Education: 1+ year(s) of work experience performing similar duties or an associate’s degree is preferred.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter with compensation requirements describing your interest and any qualifications or experience you have which you feel would make you a good fit for this position. Please send your CV and a cover letter via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please.
IIVS offers competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including full medical and dental insurance, FSA, paid holidays, paid personal leave, and more.
IIVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.