IIVS is seeking to fill a Technical Writer position in their Gaithersburg, MD location. This position is full time; approximately 30-40 hours per week.
Job Duties and Capabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- An understanding of the IIVS protocols, workbooks, and reports related to standard, custom, and novel assays/studies.
- Working knowledge of the proper record keeping procedures and GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) compliant documentation practiced at IIVS.
- Checking accuracy of the study related documents such as Sponsor emails, Test Article Receipt, IIVS protocols, and workbooks, related to standard, custom, and novel assays/studies. Ensuring GLP compliance of these documents.
- Checking conformity of the study design and specifications mentioned in the IIVS protocols with the study workbooks. Checking workbooks for proper execution of the study protocol. Ensuring GLP compliance as needed.
- Utilizing study protocols and workbooks, prepare draft reports to accurately present the procedures and results.
- Follow written and verbal guidance, IIVS policies and standard procedures.
- Use PC-based word processor and spreadsheet software.
- GLP experience desired but not required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated competence in basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal guidance.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of PC-based word processor and spreadsheet software.
B.A./B.S. degree in the biological sciences, or equivalent lab training and experience required for non-degreed personnel.
IIVS offers competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including full medical and dental insurance, FSA, paid holidays, paid personal leave, and more.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and any qualifications or experience you have which you feel would make you a good fit for this position. Please send your CV and a cover letter via email only to email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
IVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), ancestry or national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or handicap, or veteran status.