We are seeking a full time Toxicologist II to lead the Skin Sensitization testing program and team in our Gaithersburg office.
Successful candidates will have experience and education in in vitro assays and skin and/or respiratory sensitization test methods, as well as demonstrated ability to lead a technically diverse team.
The Toxicologist II, at IIVS, is responsible for establishing, optimizing, and commercializing new technology opportunities. The Toxicologist II is generally directed by IIVS management, and reports directly to the Manager, Scientific Services. The Toxicologist II may assume the role of Study Director on specific studies and is contractually responsible for the conduct of the studies, as well as the presentation and interpretation of the study data.
- Education: Ph.D. preferred in immunology/biological sciences/management of biological sciences.
- Background/Experience: A combination of education and experience is required. At least 4-6 years experience in cell biology, tissue culture, immunology or in vitro toxicology, with continuous increases in scientific and managerial responsibility is expected.
Specific Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Assuming Study Director responsibilities for in vitro toxicology assays.
- Overseeing selected in vitro test method development programs, so that new or existing in vitro methods become useful tools for industrial safety or efficacy programs.
- Assisting commercial clients to develop appropriate in vitro toxicology programs for product safety and stewardship.
- Interacting with industry, animal welfare groups, and government to promote acceptance and implementation of in vitro test methods.
- Developing product safety evaluation literature focusing on utilizing in vitro test methods to support industrial product safety and stewardship goals.
- Taking a major role in producing manuscripts detailing IIVS’s scientific activities.
- Assisting in producing Background Review Documents detailing the performance characteristics and predictive capacity of various in vitro assays.
- Organizing and/or participating in other IIVS programs as assigned.
- International travel required.
IIVS offers competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including full medical and dental insurance, FSA, paid holidays, paid personal leave, and more.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and any qualifications or experience you have which you feel would make you a good fit for this position. Please send your CV and a cover letter via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please.
IIVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.