Education & Outreach is a primary component of the Institute’s mission to foster the use and regulatory acceptance of in vitro methods. With more than 25 years of experience in validating and performing non-animal tests in our laboratory, IIVS is uniquely positioned to provide training and science-based advocacy to industry, government and animal protection organizations. Our programs are made possible by the generous support of our contributors.
The Practical Methods training program provides a variety of education and training opportunities, from in-person intensive hands-on courses to lectures, panel discussions, webinars, and consultations that are relevant across all sectors and can include a range of non-animal methods.
- Practical Methods for In Vitro Toxicology in-person workshops provide attendees with the fundamentals of in vitro assays, proper laboratory techniques and data interpretation.
- Webinars provide a broad range of topics in an accessible format and are tailored for novice to expert audiences.
- Workshops bring together assay users and scientific experts to share best practices and develop standardization approaches for in vitro methods.
- The IIVS e-Newsletter delivers timely information about the alternatives field as well as updates on the Institute’s activities.
- Training videos on in vitro tests help researchers implement methods in their own laboratory
Regulators, scientists from industry NGOs, and academia, safety assessors, and test methods developers are encouraged to fill out this form to let us know you are interested in our activities and custom training opportunities.