We are seeking a full time Post-doctoral Scientist (who may serve in a Study Director role, as applicable) to assist in the Respiratory Toxicology Program in our Gaithersburg office. Experience/education in in vitro and/or ex vivo toxicology is required, with experience in respiratory sensitization, or immunological processes germane to the science, necessary. A background and/or familiarity with long term pulmonary disease processes (e.g. chronic inflammation, fibrosis, COPD) is highly desired.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and grow with our team to contribute and share in our company vision: A day when methods based on humane, wisely applied science will be used by industry and the regulatory agencies to understand the true safety and efficacy of substances.
Specific Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development of the respiratory sensitization program.
- Develop and validate (if applicable) a variety of non-animal test methods and endpoints.
- Provide expertise in developing and executing research projects.
- When performing the Study Director role, conduct and/or closely supervise the commercial contract in vitro safety testing of products and ingredients.
- May participate in lectures and hands-on training of in vitro Respiratory Tox test methods for various audiences, including industry, regulatory/governmental and NGO stakeholders.
- Flexible work hours required (including occasional weekends).
- Some national/international travel may be required.
- Will require handling a variety of toxic materials (chemicals, pharmaceuticals, mixtures, product ingredients, etc.) and biological systems (cell lines and cultures, ex vivo human and mammalian tissues, or cell-based reconstructed tissues).
Specific Capabilities May Include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with in vitro toxicological methods for investigating human cellular, tissue or organ systems (e.g histology assessments, ELISA, biochemical assays, etc.)
- In vitro and/or ex vivo model development, characterization, and standardization.
- Experience with complex scientific instrumentation (high content analysis, multiplexing, imaging, smoke/aerosol exposure machines and novel/emerging technologies etc.) is desired.
- Ability to apply standard scientific principles, and techniques to conduct and develop in vitro product safety testing programs.
- Able to communicate effectively across language, cultural, or other barriers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal guidance.
- Grant-writing experience.
Requires a Ph.D. degree + 0-3 years of relevant experience.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and any qualifications or experience you have which you feel would make you a good fit for this position. Please send your CV and a cover letter via email only to email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
IIVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.