We are seeking full time Biologists I (entry level) to work in our Gaithersburg office. This is an exciting opportunity to join and grow with our team to contribute and share in our company vision:
A day when methods based on humane, wisely applied science will be used by industry and the regulatory agencies to understand the true safety and efficacy of substances.
Specific Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct basic technical assignments in the performance of in vitro or cell culture studies.
- Responsible for performing, recording, and reporting data from standard studies in full compliance with GLP (Good Laboratory Practices).
- Perform peer reviews of data, reports, and batch records.
- Use and maintain scientific equipment such as centrifuges, laminar flow hoods, 96-well plate readers, incubators, microscopes, micropipettors, computers, etc.
- Shares in responsibility of cleaning, re-stocking, and up-keep of the laboratory
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work well independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated competence in basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal guidance.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of PC-based word processor and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate competence in a variety of laboratory techniques.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
B.A./B.S./M.S. degree in the biological sciences (or equivalent).
IIVS offers competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including full medical and dental insurance, FSA, paid holidays, paid personal leave, and more.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and any qualifications or experience you have which you feel would make you a good fit for this position. Please send your CV and a cover letter via email only to email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
IVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), ancestry or national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or handicap, or veteran status.