We are seeking a full time Laboratory Technician to work in our Gaithersburg office. This is an exciting opportunity to join and grow with our team to contribute and share in our company vision: A day when methods based on humane, wisely applied science will be used by industry and the regulatory agencies to understand the true safety and efficacy of substances.
- A working knowledge of the proper/safe handling of chemicals and hazardous materials (training provided)
- Demonstrated competence in basic mathematical skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal guidance
- Demonstrated competence in the use of PC-based word processor and spreadsheet software
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working independently and in a team oriented environment
- Attention to detail
AA or AS degree in biological sciences or equivalent. One year of work experience performing similar duties in a scientific laboratory and/or vocational training in laboratory sciences can be used in lieu of education requirement.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and any qualifications or experience you have which you feel would make you a good fit for this position. Please send your CV and a cover letter via email only to email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
IIVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.