We are seeking a full time Toxicologist I/Study Director to work in our Gaithersburg office. This is an exciting opportunity to join and grow with our team to contribute and share in our company vision: A day when methods based on humane, wisely applied science will be used by industry and the regulatory agencies to understand the true safety and efficacy of substances.
Specific Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the management of the dermal and ocular programs.
- Develop and validate a variety of non-animal test methods and endpoints.
- Provide expertise in developing and executing research projects.
- As Study Director, conduct and/or closely supervise the commercial contract in vitro safety testing of products and ingredients.
- May participate in lectures and hands-on training of in vitro test methods for various audiences, including industry, regulatory/governmental and NGO stakeholders.
- Flexible work hours required (including occasional weekends).
- Some national/international travel may be required.
- Will require handling a variety of toxic materials (chemicals, pharmaceuticals, mixtures, product ingredients, etc.) and biological systems (cell lines and cultures, ex vivo human and mammalian tissues, or cell-based reconstructed tissues).
Specific Capabilities May Include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with in vitro toxicological methods for investigating human cellular, tissue or organ systems (e.g., cell based cytotoxicity assays).
- Experience with In vitro and/or ex vivo model development, characterization, and standardization.
- Experience with complex scientific instrumentation (HPLC, flow cytometry, etc.) is desired.
- Ability to apply standard scientific principles, and techniques to conduct and develop in vitro product safety testing programs.
- Able to communicate effectively across language, cultural, or other barriers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal guidance.
- Grant-writing experience.
Education/Experience in in vitro and/or ex vivo toxicology is required. PhD degree + 0-3 years of relevant experience or M.S. degree with 3+ years relevant experience. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and basic knowledge of general database functionality. Good written and verbal business communication skills.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest and any qualifications or experience you have which you feel would make you a good fit for this position. Please send your CV and a cover letter via email only to email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
IIVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.